top of page
Group 2152 (1)_edited.jpg
Group 2152 (1)_edited.jpg

Elevated
 SPEED-FRIENDING

 

Join us for a unique connection experience for modern women. Friday, March 1 at Hotel Haya in Tampa, Fl.

Christina Jones Photography
for Tampa Bay Startup Week
Concrete Wall
Image by Joel Muniz
LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE TO MAINTAIN A PERSONALIZED, HIGH-TOUCH EXPERIENCE.
Group 2160.png

what to EXPECT

One struggle we often hear women express is:

"I DON'T HAVE TIME TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS, AND IF I DID,

I WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE."

 

 

Don't worry. We've got you.

 

Elevated speed-friending is a highly curated connection experience designed by friendship coach and educator Danielle Bayard Jackson. The objective is to facilitate a moment for women to meet like-minded individuals in an intentional and inviting space according to research-based connection principles.

Attendees will meet at the beautiful Hotel Haya (Tampa, FL) gallery room on Friday, March 1 and be guided by Danielle to enjoy 1-on-1 connections with other women (introverts, charge your social batteries!) in a way that inspires laughter, curiosity, and vulnerability. We will bypass the awkward small talk to get to the heart of connection in a way that feels safe and fun.

Here's the agenda:

  • 5:30pm-6:00pm Mingle + light bites (wine, beer, and hor d'oeuvres included!)

  • 6:00pm-6:45pm Welcome by Danielle Bayard Jackson, host and experience guide. This opening session will include:

    • mini-workshop on the science of first impressions in women's connection

    • guidelines for your elevated speed-friending experience

    • introduction to your first conversation partner

​​

  • 6:45pm-7:30pm  Elevated Speed-Friending. In this experience, women will receive a prompt from the facilitator (let's avoid the "So what's your name and what do you do for a living?" ice breakers, shall we?). The opening questions will be humorous because research shows that a shared sense of humor is a key predictor of platonic intimacy in women's friendships. The conversation cards will become increasingly vulnerable as we make our rounds, and women are encouraged to prioritize curiosity over performance. You're not here to impress; you're here to learn more about yourself and others through the art of conversation.

  • 7:30-7:45pm We'll reconvene whole-group for discussion and to submit our connection cards to be anonymously paired with our mutual matches.

  • 7:45pm-8:00pm Goodbyes and dessert send-off!*

*Agenda subject to change

THIS IMMERSIVE, FULL-DAY EXPERIENCE WILL EQUIP YOU WHILE FACILITATING REAL CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE WOMEN IN THE ROOM. COME JOIN US.

our connection PILLARS

Group 2151.png

Curiosity

Research tells us that those who prioritize curiosity over performance are more likely to enjoy conversations with others. We'll teach you how to stay curious about your conversation partners (and yourself!) to truly enjoy the experience... and make new potential friends.

Group 2154 (1).png

Vulnerability

Ever heard of the "Beautiful Mess" effect? Research shows we like others more after they've been vulnerable with us, so we'll encourage safe and appropriate vulnerability to help participants form more authentic connections with the women in the room.

Group 2157.png

Consistency

This experience should be a part of an ongoing practice. Elevated speed-friending inspires participants to be active and courageous connectors not only in their personal lives, but in their communities.

Group 2155.png

  "But does it WORK?"

After our last speed-friending event, we surveyed attendees. Here are two key results:

  • 56% of participants said they met 2-3 women that they genuinely wanted to befriend after the experience (and the remaining 44% said they met 4-5 women they wanted to befriend!)

  • 85% of participants said they were still connecting with women they'd met at the event three months later

We have two objectives: to teach you how to make stronger first impressions and to facilitate at least two connections for you to pursue once the experience comes to a close. If these are goals that you share... we'd love to see you there.

DSC04427.jpg
bottom of page